Before you start blaming clients for being unmotivated, self-destructive, and (say it out loud, you know you’re thinking it)… fat, think about this:
What it’s like being fat
It’s like being lost at night in a big city.
- It’s more than a little frightening
- It isn’t your fault
- It didn’t happen all at once
- It didn’t happen on purpose
- You don’t remember how you got there
- You definitely don’t want to be there
- You feel like you’re running out of options
- The wrong move could be dangerous, and
- You could really use a map
A perspective that restores compassion and insight, I think.
We originally wrote this for a Radial client who wishes to be unnamed. They felt it was so powerful that it should be shared. Much appreciation for their willingness to do so.
(Photo credit: Maureen Burke)